Monday, March 23, 2009

Second Thoughts

Frank is wishing he had asked for a walk-in pantry.

I don't know what we would do with a walk-in pantry except fill it with junk we don't need, want, or use.

Our new kitchen will have more than enough cabinets for our one set of dishes (never understood having two sets), our pots and pans (all we need is one more skillet), and our small appliances (can't stand to see "stuff" on my countertops).

The food we buy is perishable so the refrigerator needs to be big. But a walk-in pantry? Nope. Don't need it.

Our 18-inch pantry will suffice.

Six-ounce cans of tomato paste don't require much space.

And I store oatmeal in the fridge after it's been opened.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a strange bunch of friends. Rather than post their comments here, they e-mail them to ME and let me do the posting. Ay! Ay! Ay!

    This from Bob a/k/a BAB:

    Girl, you have me cracking up over here! Was just looking at your website. Maybe, Frank wants something in the pantry other than 6 ounce cans of tomato paste! MAYBE he’d like to put stuff in there too! Don’t you stock up on canned goods and the like? Where else are you going to keep all the beer for ME when I come to visit. A pantry is also a great place to store motor oil! I know, I know, you’re saying that stuff belongs in the garage, but EVERYBODY knows that oil stored at room temperature lasts a lot longer!!! Heh heh heh!

    ReplyDelete