Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let There Be Light

We drove out to the lot this afternoon to get a look at how everything turned out after the trees had been cleared. Heavy snow kept us away, but today we had a sixty-degree thermostat reading and an hour to kill.

I was so afraid that we wouldn't have enough sunlight with all the trees around, but was pleasantly surprised to find out that this won't be the case. There is plenty of light, at least with all the leaves off the trees, and the clearing wasn't as big as I feared it would be.

From every window (there will be thirty-one windows), we will have views of trees that go on forever. That's all we wanted to see: habitat for wildlife.

I am directionally challenged, but Frank was able to "place" me in the living room and dining room. We got a sense of where the two water gardens and perennial garden will go, and we're thinking that 10,000 bulbs over the septic system area would be better than grass.

I don't know if Elias would appreciate that.

I'm sure he would prefer a lawn.

With a kiddie pool and sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment