Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Issue of Doors

Now that we've decided on all the structural issues, it's time to focus on the details.

So many decisions to make.

Door knobs and door hinges, baseboard mouldings, recessed lights, floor and wall tiles, cabinet pulls, paint colors and finishes, not to mention the general decor.

Our front door is going to be difficult to find, I suspect. We need French doors that make a statement, create impact, contain glass, and fit with our contemporary style. Frank would like a wooden door and I would like it stained black. I think all the doors should be stained black, or at the very least, an espresso color which is black mixed with dark brown.

We have seen dozens and dozens of doors and Frank found ONE that he liked.



The Jeld-Wen door above is Frank's favorite, without the transom or side panels. I don't know if I like the circular pattern or all that etching. Maybe I do. Maybe it's a good thing to have a circle here since there is absolutely no curve of any kind anywhere in this house.

But for some reason, this just doesn't grab me.

The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment