Saturday, April 4, 2009

Walk-in Closets

Everything I've seen to date looks rather cheap. A lot of laminate, veneer, and crappy hardware. I think Frank can build us a better closet with full-extension drawers (I refuse to have dressers in the bedrooms) and of solid hardwoods (cherry or maple).

A few things have to come to mind during this process which I don't understand.

Why do I need a "make-up table" in my closet.

I am out of the closet.

I put my make-up on (mascara and lipstick) in the light of day which I call the bathroom.

Why do we need seating in the closet?

That's right up with there with literature in the bathroom.

Do we not just take care of business and go on our merry way?

Who hangs out in closets and toilet rooms?

We have a 9 x 10 walk-in closet which will give us up to 40 feet of linear space to hang clothes from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. We've got room for the 20-pounds lighter collection, the 10-pounds lighter collection, and the love-me-as-I-am collection.

Well..... I do.

Frank has clothes from way back when and I am working on the purging, but it isn't easy.

Men who say that women are pack rats haven't met us.

Frank saves.

I purge.

The software program we used to design the closet doesn't allow for cut-and-paste, but when it's complete, I will shoot and show.

All of Frank's shirts will be crisply starched and pressed and not touching each other.

To get there, we must PURGE.

A walk-in closet.

Not as easy as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment